The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule. Learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures for the following university departments:
- Center for Students in Recovery
- Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Dean of Students
- New Student Services (Student Orientation)
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Recreational Sports
- Texas Global
- Texas One Stop, a service for everything related to registering for classes, financial aid, paying bills, ordering transcripts and more, has currently suspended in-person services until further notice. They will be available through email, firstname.lastname@example.org and phone calls, (512) 232-6988, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (CST).
- Texas Parents
- The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- University Health Services
- University Housing and Dining
- University Unions
- UT Austin (University Updates)
With the rapidly evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information from university leadership and have taken a number of precautionary measures.
The well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary.
Please continue to visit coronavirus.utexas.edu for the latest updates.
- In accordance with the university's decision to close campus operations, the Texas Parents office will be closed until further notice.
- Your Texas Parents staff are considered essential personnel and will be working remotely to respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 512-471-2353.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings have been suspended through Sunday, March 29.
- When the Texas Parents office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Continue to encourage your student to take preventative measures.
Programmatic Updates (Family Orientation)
- At this time, Family Orientation is proceeding as planned. The university is following guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Austin Public Health and is coordinating with other local public health officials to gather and share the most up-to-date information and share it with the community.
- To find more information or to register for Family Orientation, go here.
- Student Orientation, facilitated by New Student Services, is also proceeding as planned and information is available at orientation.utexas.edu.
Cancellations and Getting Refunds
- At this time, Family Orientation is still set to proceed as planned and registration is open at parents.utexas.edu/register-freshman-family-orientation. We will provide additional updates if orientation is modified or canceled. Please view the Family Orientation Registration page for information regarding our refund policy.
Last updated: 3/17/2020