The university is currently following a “modified-open” schedule and is preparing for a Fall 2020 campus reopening. Learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures for the following university departments:
- Center for Students in Recovery
- Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Dean of Students
- New Student Services (Student Orientation)
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Recreational Sports
- Texas Global
- Texas One Stop
- Texas Parents
- University Health Services
- University Housing and Dining
- University Unions
With the evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information and have taken a number of precautionary measures. UT has also created a Roadmap to Fall 2020. This plan provides a framework for the fall designed to accommodate the dynamic environment and enable the university to adapt to changes in the prevalence of COVID-19 in Austin.
The well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary. Please continue to visit the Protect Texas Together website, protect.utexas.edu, for the latest updates on the Roadmap to Fall 2020.
- In accordance with the university's decision to close campus operations, the Texas Parents office will be closed until further notice.
- Texas Parents staff are working remotely to respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 512-471-2353.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings have been suspended.
- When the Texas Parents office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Continue to encourage your student to take preventative measures.
Programmatic Updates (Family Orientation)
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Family Orientation 2020 is being conducted online instead of in person.
To find more information or to register for Online Family Orientation, go here.
Student Orientation, facilitated by New Student Services, is also being conducted online, find out more at orientation.utexas.edu.
Last updated: 7/6/2020