As the parent or family member of a student, you play a crucial role in your student’s successful transition to UT Austin. Spring Online Family Orientation offers flexibility with work and home obligations and allows you to set your own pace to focus on the information needed to support your student’s successful transition to UT Austin. The program consists of pre-recorded content beginning with a virtual campus resource fair on Friday, January 7. Then Monday-Tuesday, January 10-11, you’ll have access to presentations introducing you to a variety of academic and non-academic topics. On Friday, January 14, you’ll receive the Next Steps eNewsletter that compliments and builds upon the orientation programming.
- The cost to register for Spring Online Family Orientation is $15 per person. Registrants will have their own unique log in access to all Spring Online Family content
- You will need your student’s UT EID to register
- Registration will give you access to a password-protected webpage
- After you register, you will not receive immediate access to Spring Online Family Orientation content; instead, you will receive a registration confirmation email the following business day which will include instructions on accessing Spring Online Family Orientation content
- Your incoming freshman or transfer student should not register for or attend Spring Online Family Orientation as incoming students will be attending a separate Online Student Orientation programming
- Spring Online Family Orientation content is designed and intended only for parents/guardians; it is not intended for your Longhorn or hoping-to-one-day-be Longhorn siblings
Friday, January 7
|Welcome||An introduction to Online Family Orientation, a welcome from university leadership and a virtual campus resource fair (Longhorn Neighborhood)|
|Top 5||Historically, the most attended session from campus departments and partners|
|Breakouts||Programming targeted to particular audience needs|
|No New Content||An opportunity to catch up on previously released information and review content|
All content will be available until Monday, January 17 at 11:59 p.m.