Click HERE to Register
As the parent or family member of a student, you play a crucial role in your student’s successful transition to UT Austin. Spring Online Family Orientation is a complimentary program focused on providing you with the information needed for that transition. Online Family Orientation will consist of pre-recorded content released Monday-Wednesday, January 11-13, with access to a virtual resource fair, beginning Friday, January 8. This model offers flexibility with work and home obligations and allows you to set your own pace. Parents and families will receive cross-campus presentations and materials as well as the Next Steps eNewsletter which builds upon information in the online program. Next Steps will be sent Friday, January 15.
- There is no cost to register, but registration is required
- You will need your student’s UT EID to register
- Registration will give you access to a password-protected webpage
- After you register, you will not receive immediate access to Online Family Orientation content. Access information will be included in your Registration Confirmation email sent within three (3) business days from submitting your registration
- Your incoming freshman or transfer student should not register for or attend Online Family Orientation as he or she will be attending a separate Online Student Orientation programming
- Online Family Orientation content is designed and intended only for parents/guardians; it is not intended for your Longhorn or hoping-to-be Longhorn siblings
|Longhorn Neighborhood||Virtual resource fair introducing multiple campus units|
|Welcome & Introduction||An introduction of university leadership and on-campus parent and family resources|
|Academics||An overiew of advising and resources for your student|
|Top 3 Breakouts||Historically our most attended breakout sessions, learn about Campus Safety & Security, University Health Services and Living On and Off Campus|
|No New Content||An opportunity to catch up on previously released information and review content|
All content will be available until Sunday, January 17 at 11:59 p.m.