Click HERE to Register
As the parent or family member of a student, you play a crucial role in your student’s successful transition to UT Austin. Online Family Orientation offers flexibility with work and home obligations and allows you to set your own pace to focus on the information needed to support your student’s successful transition to UT Austin. The program consists of pre-recorded content beginning with a virtual campus resource fair on Friday, January 8. Then Monday-Wednesday, January 11-13, you’ll have access to presentations introducing you to a variety of academic and non-academic topics. On Friday, January 15, you’ll receive the Next Steps eNewsletter that compliments and builds upon the orientation programming.
- There is no cost to register, but registration is required
- You will need your student’s UT EID to register
- Registration will give you access to a password-protected webpage
- After you register, you will not receive immediate access to Online Family Orientation content. Access information will be included in your Registration Confirmation email sent within three (3) business days from submitting your registration
- Your incoming freshman or transfer student should not register for or attend Online Family Orientation as he or she will be attending a separate Online Student Orientation programming
- Online Family Orientation content is designed and intended only for parents/guardians; it is not intended for your Longhorn or hoping-to-be Longhorn siblings
|Longhorn Neighborhood||Virtual resource fair introducing multiple campus units|
|Welcome & Introduction||An introduction of university leadership and on-campus parent and family resources|
|Academics||An overview of advising and resources for your student|
|Top 3 Breakouts||Historically our most attended breakout sessions, learn about Campus Safety & Security, University Health Services and Living On and Off Campus|
|No New Content||An opportunity to catch up on previously released information and review content|
All content will be available until Monday January 18 at 11:59 p.m.