Welcome to the Longhorn family! Here’s what’s next.
UT Austin respects the important role our students’ parents and families have played in their journeys to becoming Longhorns and recognizes that there is still exciting work ahead.
It is important for you to become informed and connected in a way that will reinforce a sense of family support in your student’s collegiate career as he or she sets out to change the world. Traditionally, the Texas Parents department holds day-long summer Family Orientation programs on campus for parents and families to be introduced to resources, hear from amazing faculty and staff and learn how to best support their Longhorns’ successful transition from high school to university life.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Family Orientation 2020 will be conducted online instead of in person. In these unprecedented times, UT Austin’s commitment to the importance of acclimating parents and families of incoming freshman and transfer students to UT Austin is unwavering.
Here’s what’s next:
Register for Online Family Orientation 2020. Texas Parents has made the program free of charge this year in hopes it will be one less thing impacting current circumstances. There is work to be done, information to share and relationships to build; let’s get going!
- Pre-recorded content released in phases over a six-week period offering flexibility with work and home obligations while learning about campus
- Set your own pace, watching weekly or daily, at any time of the day or night
- Previously released content is always accessible, regardless of your registration date
- Every Friday, you’ll receive an email introducing the content and release schedule for the upcoming week
- At the conclusion of each presentation, you have the ability to submit questions
- With each phase, you’ll feel more connected to the university and equipped with conversational topics to discuss with your student about their upcoming college experience